Why Dundee and Angus?
Being just 90 minutes away from 90% of the Scottish population, Dundee and Angus is tops when it comes to location – but the area has many other stellar qualities.
1) With over 1,000 rooms within a five mile radius of the city centre - from budget hotels and student accommodation to luxury hotels - there's a fantastic range of beds.
2) Dundee and Angus has a range of meetings venues that can host meetings up to 2,000 delegates.
3) There's an amazing range of special attractions and facilities for social dinners, receptions, tours, visits and more.
4) Dundee can proudly boast to being the sunniest city in Scotland, with an average of 1,523 hours of sunshine per year.
5) The compact city centre is a delight to visit – and the people are very friendly too!
6) Dundee's cultural renaissance will transform the city into a world-leading waterfront destination, with the V&A Dundee, due to open in 2018.
7) Dundee is closer to the countryside than any other Scottish city and breath-taking rolling scenery of Angus offers a refreshing contrast to busy city life.
8) Angus is home to some of the finest golf courses in Scotland, if not the world. With 30 courses in and around the region it’s a great way to unwind after a busy conference.
9) Or why not enjoy miles of sandy beaches - and maybe even catch a glimpse of our dolphins.
10) The area is also renowned as a centre of excellence for life sciences research, computer games and digital media, arts, business, education, hi-tech manufacturing and telecommunications.