Contact: Conference Team
Use ‘Email Now’ below to contact the conference team if you have any queries about the meeting. For any queries about your visit to Dundee email email@example.com
About LABSS Annual Conference 2022
LABSS are pleased to announce that our 2022 conference will be held on Friday 16th September at the V&A, Dundee.
After the success of the 2019 LABSS AGM & Conference held at Peebles Hydro it was the intention of LABSS to host the next AGM & Conference in May 2020. After what has undoubtedly been a challenging 2 years for everyone we are now finally in a position to host such an event and look forward to welcoming you all back to meet in person.
Having already held the 2022 AGM in May, the conference will be centred around dissemination from our guest speakers, to be announced shortly, and the presentation of the LABSS and Building Standards Division awards. The V&A Dundee is a spectacular building designed by world renowned award winning Architect Kengo Kuma & Associates and is easily accessible by public transport for most of Scotland.
Attendance is open to all LABSS members.
We look forward to hosting members for what will undoubtedly be an insightful and memorable event.
Speakers and Conference Programme
Provisional outline of the conference programme
(subject to change)
- 09:00 - Arrival and Registration
- 10:00 - Conference in session
- 16:30 - Conference ends
More information coming soon
- Chair – John Paul Breslin, Building Standards Team Leader Stirling Council
- Past Chair, Grant Tierney, Team Leader Aberdeen City Council
- Business Support and Communications Director, Russell Watson Team Leader, Building Standards Perth & Kinross Council
- Assistant Business Support and Communications Director, Eileen McCutcheon, Building Standards Surveyor Glasgow City Council
- Finance Director, Michael Millar, Team Leader - Building Standards Angus Council
- Business Director, Scott McKenzie, Senior Manager Protective Services North Ayrshire Council
- Strategy Director, James Whiteford, Building Standards Hub Director
- Technical Director, Alan McAulay, Building Standards Hub Director
- Honorary President, Bob Renton, Honorary President and LABSS Consultant
With support from Debbie Ree, Dundee & Angus Convention Bureau
Our Duty of Care (Coming Soon)
This document contains resources and key information about what we are doing to keep the in-person side of the event as safe as possible.
Conference Venue - V&A Dundee
V&A Dundee, the first ever dedicated design museum in Scotland and the only other V&A museum anywhere in the world outside London. V&A Dundee has been designed to be inclusive and accessible, a place where everyone feels welcome.
Parking - Pay & Display Car Parks Nearby
Airport - 2.2 miles from Dundee Airport
Railway - adjacent to Dundee Railway Station
Discounted Flights to/from Dundee Airport with Loganair
Up to 30% off flights with Loganair flying from London City (LCY), Belfast City Airport (BHD) and Sumburgh Airport, Shetland (LSI) to Dundee Airport
Loganair is offering up to 30% off flights to delegates travelling to/from Dundee for this event. Please book here at Loganair.co.uk before 19 September 2022, quoting promotional code LABSS2022 at the time of booking, for travel between 12 September 2022 to 20 September 2022.
Visit Loganair to book.
Guidance on Travelling Safely and your Travel Made Easy Guide
Getting around Dundee and city centre map
Get active out and about in Dundee city. A compact city bursting with places of interest, history, and things to see, it is so easy to get around.
Dundee’s active travel routes in and around the city have been developed over the last few years with a key objective to encourage active travel through walking, cycling and public transport, and deploy sustainable alternatives to decarbonise transport. Read more on Dundee.com Active Travel website.
City Centre Map (pdf version)
Conference Privacy Statement
Engage with our online community during the conference in the following ways:
Share your key takeaways using #labss2022
Search for #labss on Twitter and engage with other attendees