Contact: Conference Team
Use ‘Email Now’ below to contact the team if you have any queries about the meeting.
About the Sex, Drugs & Scotland's Health Virtual Conference 2021
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, our 2021 conference will be a virtual experience.
While we miss the traditional opportunities to meet with our colleagues and partners face to face, we look forward to connecting with you virtually.
Organised by a cross-sector partnership, this brand new biennial conference will be used to highlight new and emerging issues and research, support workforce development and connect communities and those working within the SHBBV field in Scotland, the UK and internationally. At its heart will be discussion and debate around sexual health, blood-borne viruses and sexual wellbeing in Scotland.
We are delighted by the generous support and collaboration we have received from our Partners.
Our thanks and gratitude go to everyone involved.
Call for Submissions
Thank you to all of those who participated in our call for submissions, the standard of proposals submitted for Sex, Drugs & Scotland’s Health Virtual Conference has been incredible! We are currently reviewing each submission and aim to contact you with the outcome of your proposal(s) by mid-July 2021.
If you have any questions in the meantime, we'd love to hear from you at email@example.com
Register Your Interest
Registration for Sex, Drugs & Scotland's Health will open shortly.
Who Can Attend
Sex, Drugs & Scotland's Health free virtual conference is due to take place 19-21 October. The conference will bring together third sector organisations, academics, researchers and healthcare professionals who are committed to making Scotland a healthier country.
- NHS - Clinician, Nurse, Healthcare Worker, Health Promotion Specialist or anyone else who works in the NHS
- Third Sector - Workers in Sexual Health charitable organisations
- Community - Service users, People living with HIV, Hepatitis C and Blood borne viruses, people who use drugs, MSM, trans and nonbinary people
- Academia- students and staff
The conference organisers are HIV Scotland, supported by members of IReSH and Dundee & Angus Convention Bureau, with strategic input and guidance from a Steering Committee composed of members from: Terrence Higgins Trust, Faculty of Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare (FSRH), The University of Edinburgh, Waverley Care, NHS Lothian, Scottish Drugs Forum, MRC/CSO Social and Public Health Sciences Unit - University of Glasgow.
- Alastair Hudson, Conference Co-Chair (HIV Scotland)
- Ingrid Young, Conference Co-Chair (IReSH, University of Edinburgh)
- Julie Riddell (University of Glasgow)
- Nicoletta Policek (HIV Scotland)
- Becky Earl (HIV Scotland)
- Sally Brown (University of Edinburgh)
- Jimmy Hunter (THT Scotland)
- Alan Eagleson (THT Scotland)
- Rosie Ilett (FSRH)
- Adrienne Hannah (SDF)
- Zhong Eric Chen (NHS Lothian)
- Jo Sykes (Waverly Care)
- Debbie Ree (Dundee & Angus Convention Bureau)
Follow Sex, Drugs and Scotland's Health 2021 on Twitter, and join the online conversation using our official event hashtag #shbbvscot
Engage with the online community during the conference in the following ways:
- Share your key takeaways using #shbbvscot
- Search for #shbbvscot on Twitter and engage with other attendees
For conference enquiries please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Explore our Destination - Dundee, Angus, Fife & Perthshire
We would have loved to have met you in person at our event, but for now, we have put together a collection of virtual visitor experiences of our beautiful corner of Scotland and hope to welcome you one day soon.