A voice for Business Events
Business events are worth over £72million to Dundee and Angus with Perthshire and Fife to be added to the mix. The value of the knowledge gained and transferred at professional conferences is worth up to ten times the monetary value of the direct conference spend.
Bringing global leaders in the fields are vast and the economic rewards are extensive and our vision for business events in the region continues to evolve.
The Business Events Development Group work collaboratively as the voice for Business Events in the region, engaging with members with support from Business Tourism for Scotland, VisitScotland Business Events and Scottish Enterprise delivering an ambitious, forward thinking and collective approach that will allow DACB and partners to pool resources to grow this sector within the city and wider region.
The group will:
- engage with city region leaders, Scottish Government and industry, communicating the ambition, direction and importance of business events to the region
- back the need for a conference centre for the region
- support the need to improve access routes to the city and wider region
- support the convention bureau and growth opportunities presented
- develop the destinations skill base to support business events to ensure we meet the demands from the industry
Mike Metcalfe, chairman of the Business Events Development Group said: “By aligning the interests of business, academia and research and working in partnership, Dundee City and Region can effectively foster international trade and intellectual engagement which will bring far wider economic benefits to the area than bed night and delegate direct spend.”
READ MORE about the Business Events Development Group Role