Considering bidding for and hosting a national or international meeting? There is a strong support structure in place for you though the specialist experience of the Convention Bureau:
Conference Bid Support
- Co-ordination of endorsements and letters of support from your institutes, local and Scottish Government and the destination
- Research the viability of the conference coming to the region of Dundee, Angus, Fife and Perthshire
- Develop a clear understanding of the conference/professional association’s objectives and outcomes and work with you to lobby the decision makers, producing bespoke conference bids
- Access to professional conference organisers to suit all budgets and conference sizes and level of requirement or involvement needed
- Identify the best venues to meet your objectives
- Block-book a range of accommodation and manage accommodation requirements for delegates and speakers at great value rates and terms
- Apply for and co-ordinate a civic welcome during your conference
- Provide innovative attendance building solutions to highlight your conference and host destination to existing and new audiences
IT’S GOOD TO SHARE...
Dundee City and Region has a proven track record of staging world-class conferences and events which have provided exceptional delegate experience.
Here we share a selection of our success stories.
Professor Nick Birch, Ecological Sciences department at The James Hutton Institute, the 7th IOBC/WPRS Working Group Meeting
“The Farm to Fork afternoon allowed all of the working group members … to get a taste of the type of agriculture we have here, and see the way farms are run in terms of the management of land and landscape. While these excursions are a regular part of the working group meetings around the world, we really wanted to do something different and take it to a higher level.
We wanted to integrate the excursion more closely with the themes of the meeting; it was our aim to tie everything together and make it one continuous story to really emphasise the regional connections to the delegates. It gave the delegates a view of the full journey from the field to the plate.”
Mark Reed, delegate at Transformations 2017
“[The conference] was a revelation: it turns out that it is possible to do conferences in a radically different way. This was less of a conference and more of a conversation, but at a scale that I didn’t think was meaningfully possible. There were over 300 people at the event, and yet it was designed and facilitated to enable learning and ideas to emerge […] in a way that engaged every single person in the conference.”
Professor Nikolai Zhelev Conference Chairman 2nd International Conference on Clinical Sciences and Drug Discovery
"The conference was a wonderful opportunity for students to learn from, network with and above all be inspired by speakers of the highest calibre from all over the world. This is by far the most efficient way of allowing this to happen - can you imagine how difficult it would be if students, early career researchers and so on had to travel to meet such people? It just couldn't be done.
"The ideas and working relationships which began with this conference mean that in future some of who were this year's student delegates will be inspired to become the next generation of Dundee-based scientists. They will go on to apply for funding which in turn will bring income and research excellence to the City".