There is a strong support structure in place for individuals and organisations considering bidding for, and hosting, national or international meetings through the experience of the Convention Bureau and your institution.
Pathfinders supports and develops the ‘WHY HOST’, employing the Pathfinder’s knowledge of research strengths and aligning those with the business community across the region will strengthen efforts to bid for and secure national and international conferences or initiate new dialogues to establish signature ‘Home Grown’ global business events. The importance of incorporating legacy initiatives into future events and the opportunity to evaluate and advocate the “beyond tourism” value of meetings will feature prominently in the planning of business events.
International Organisation for Biological and Integrated Control (IOBC) – West Palaearctic Regional Section (WPRS) conference. Professor Nick Birch said:
“It can be difficult for scientists to organise events like this, as we are normally so focused on research, so to be able to draw on the expertise and experience of the team at Dundee & Angus Convention Bureau was essential to the success of the working group meeting. We couldn’t have done it without them.”
Conference bid support
- Co-ordination of endorsements and letters of support from your institutes, local and Scottish Government and the destination.
- Research the viability of the conference coming to the region of Dundee, Angus, Fife and Perthshire.
- Develop a clear understanding of the conference/ professional association’s objectives and outcomes and work with you to lobby the decision makers, producing bespoke conference bids.
- Access to professional conference organisers based within or outwith your institute to suit all budgets and conference sizes and level of requirement or involvement needed.
- Identify the best venues to meet your objectives.
- Block-book a range of accommodation and manage accommodation requirements for delegates and speakers at great value rates and terms.
- Apply for and co-ordinate a civic welcome during your conference.
- Provide innovative attendance building solutions to highlight your conference and host destination to existing and new audiences.
- Working collaboratively to develop true legacy impact, incorporating legacy initiatives into your event and the opportunity to evaluate and advocate the “beyond tourism” value of your conference.