There is a strong support structure in place for individuals and organisations considering bidding for, and hosting, national or international meetings through the experience of the Convention Bureau and your institution.
International Organisation for Biological and Integrated Control (IOBC) – West Palaearctic Regional Section (WPRS) conference. Professor Nick Birch said:
“It can be difficult for scientists to organise events like this, as we are normally so focused on research, so to be able to draw on the expertise and experience of the team at Dundee & Angus Convention Bureau was essential to the success of the working group meeting. We couldn’t have done it without them.”
Conference bid support
- Co-ordination of endorsements and letters of support from your institutes, local and Scottish Government and the destination.
- Research the viability of the conference coming to the region of Dundee, Angus, Fife and Perthshire.
- Develop a clear understanding of the conference/ professional association’s objectives and outcomes and work with you to lobby the decision makers, producing bespoke conference bids.
- Access to professional conference organisers based within or outwith your institute to suit all budgets and conference sizes and level of requirement or involvement needed.
- Identify the best venues to meet your objectives.
- Block-book a range of accommodation and manage accommodation requirements for delegates and speakers at great value rates and terms.
- Apply for and co-ordinate a civic welcome during your conference.
- Provide innovative attendance building solutions to highlight your conference and host destination to existing and new audiences.